A PDF version of the below document can
be found here
Johan Marcus Jakt
22 Union Place
Truro, TR1 1EP
Nationality: joint British and Swedish
Date of birth: 20-03-1978
A highly versatile individual with experience of working within a wide range of sectors. A varied skill set gained from undertaking project proposal, research, data processing and analytical activities in order to facilitate the commercial operations of a large number of clients worldwide. Currently undertaking postgraduate studies with a view to pursuing a career in hydrographic survey.
- Currently pursuing FIG/IHO/ICA Category-A rating as part of postgraduate studies;
- Adept at generating technical reports and presentations for a highly qualified audience/readership:
--> Experience of public speaking to large groups of industry professionals;
--> Undertook a series of in-depth studies on the industrial gas sector across a large number of markets around the world – providing clients with valuable guidance in formulating future business strategy;
--> As part of a broader consulting assignment, completed a ‘position paper’ evaluating competing LNG liquefaction alternatives for a client in South America – helping inform the ultimate choice of engineering solution;
- Analytical experience:
--> With Spiritus Consulting: regularly evaluated and analysed quantitative financial data from the industrial gas sector in order to quantify the performance of the industry as a whole;
- Well versed in the use of MS Office applications and Adobe Photoshop. In addition, extensive working knowledge of hydrographic/survey software including ArcGIS, Surfer, SonarWiz, Fledermaus and QINSy.
- Managerial experience:
--> Previous role as Office Manager at Process Integration Ltd entailed wide range of administrative responsibilities, including finance & tax, HR, compliance with Health & Safety legislation, marketing, CRM, and board duties (attended all board meetings as secretary);
- Well-versed in liaising with clients across all phases of a new or existing contract, including for project definition, project proposal, delivery of report and results, as well as post-project administrative tasks;
- Commanded and led a Swedish Army troop of up to 16 men – with vehicles – in often harsh climatic conditions: completed service with rank of 2nd Lieutenant.
- Academic qualifications in both the Sciences and the Arts;
- Languages: conversant in French, fluent in Swedish;
- Extensive personal experience of numerous countries, cultures and peoples.
- Undaunted by physically or mentally demanding tasks.
- Enjoy physically demanding sports such as SCUBA diving (PADI Rescue Diver and Medic First Aid), sailing, skiing and hiking in my free time.
March 2013-September 2014 – Business Analyst at ‘gasworld.com’, Truro, U.K.
May 2011-February 2013 – Office Manager at ‘Process Integration Ltd’, Manchester, U.K.
November 2006-April 2011 – Multi-Client Programme Manager at ‘Spiritus Consulting’, Truro, U.K.
May 2005-October 2006 – Marketing Communications Manager at ‘Bassett Group’ (encompassing two companies: ‘Bassett Defence Services’ and ‘Rigibore’), Hayle, U.K.
June 2004-April 2005 – Various freelance assignments, including for 'Itchy Media', 'Content Team Online' and 'Sanders Design', Truro, U.K.
May-June 2003 – Wine producer, Mardeuil, France
October 2002-May 2003 – Royal Mail sorting centre, Truro, U.K.
July-August 2002 – 'Station Oenotechnique', Epernay, France
January 2001-March 2002 – Swedish Army, Boden, Sweden
September 2014-present – Full-time postgraduate studies (MSc level): Hydrography
Plymouth University, Plymouth, U.K.
2003-2004 – Postgraduate Diploma: Professional Writing
Falmouth College of Arts, Falmouth, U.K.
1996-2000 – Bachelor of Science, Associate of the Royal College of Science: Chemistry
Imperial College, London, U.K.
1993-1996 – Diploma of the International Baccalaureate, 37 points awarded
Sigtunaskolan Humanistiska Läroverket, Sigtuna, Sweden
Available upon request